API’s Innovation Lab offers you the opportunity to work with a team of 4-6 peers to build essential skills of cross-cultural teamwork and collaboration, concept design, and to develop innovative business solutions to global challenges. The lab is designed to leverage the UN Global Goals as a blueprint for understanding global problems that need solving, like poverty, gender equality, and climate action - among many others - for a healthier and happier world. Your work will result in a pitch deck and investment proposal of a viable business model that you will present in a virtual boardroom.
- CULTURAL COACHES will keep your solutions global, with cultural insight to guide development of your concept, enhance your impact, and maximize your global reach.
- INDUSTRY MENTORS will support you through creative ideation, help you position a unique value proposition in the market, and provide real-world feedback on your pitch.
As a participant, you will:
— Engage Lean Launchpad methodology to prepare for success in concept development, valuation and design
— Participate in dynamic and immersive virtual learning and rich cultural experiences led by our Resident Directors abroad, including guided tours, cooking classes, networking opportunities and community building across borders
— Follow a guided pathway of activities to achieve global skills and the opportunity to earn a digital badge stack that demonstrates cultural knowledge and the skills employers value to display on LinkedIn, e-portfolios, or other online platforms
“The experience of creating a nearly full-blown business plan, the opportunity to learn from the keynote speakers, and the ability to work with a team from around the world are extremely unique when compared with anything that can be experienced in a typical university class.”
- Nicholas M., Innovation Lab Participant 2020
- Community-building activities and cultural resources in a digital learning workspace
- API Digital Badge Stack: Global Innovation, Global Problem Solving, and Global Teamwork
- Access to API alumni network & API Ambassador Program
- Career readiness materials and support, including how to reflect this experience on a resume and at job interviews
- Live events featuring speakers, activities, networking and more
- Post-program evaluation
- Current resume or CV
- Personal statement outlining interest in innovating solutions for a current UN Global Challenge