The accelerated API Innovation Lab program is an 8-week blended learning experience that brings you the best of both worlds- a dynamic virtual learning environment to generate world-changing ideas and the opportunity to study abroad in person in Dublin, Ireland, the entrepreneurship capital of the EU. Complete the academic components of the lab virtually while working with your team in-person in beautiful Dublin, Ireland, one of the EU's youngest, fastest growing, and most diverse capital cities.
In this lab, you'll work with a team of 4-6 peers to build essential skills of cross-cultural teamwork and collaboration, concept design, and to develop innovative business solutions to global challenges. The lab is designed to leverage the United Nations Global Goals as a blueprint for understanding global problems that need solving, like poverty, gender equality, and climate action - among many others - for a healthier and happier world. Your work will result in a pitch deck and investment proposal of a viable business model that you will present in a virtual boardroom.
- COACHES will keep your solutions global, with cultural insight to guide development of your concept, enhance your impact, and maximize your global reach.
- INDUSTRY MENTORS will support you through creative ideation, help you position a unique value proposition in the market, and provide real-world feedback on your pitch.
As a participant, you will:
— Engage Lean Launchpad methodology to prepare for success in concept development, valuation and design
— Participate in dynamic and immersive virtual learning and rich cultural experiences led by our Resident Directors abroad, including guided tours, cooking classes, networking opportunities and community building across borders
— Follow a guided pathway of activities to achieve global skills and the opportunity to earn a digital badge stack that demonstrates cultural knowledge and the skills employers value to display on LinkedIn, e-portfolios, or other online platforms
“The experience of creating a nearly full-blown business plan, the opportunity to learn from the keynote speakers, and the ability to work with a team from around the world are extremely unique when compared with anything that can be experienced in a typical university class.”
- Nicholas M., API Innovation Lab Participant
- Community-building activities and cultural resources in a digital learning workspace
- API Digital Badge Stack: Global Innovation, Global Problem Solving, and Global Teamwork
- Access to API alumni network & API Ambassador Program
- Career readiness materials and support, including how to reflect this experience on a resume and at job interviews
- Live events featuring speakers, activities, networking and more
- On-site excursions and group activities in Dublin
- Post-program evaluation
- Open to rising college sophomores through graduating seniors
- Current resume or CV
- Personal statement outlining interest in innovating solutions for a current UN Global Challenge
- Entry requirement: valid passport for on-site Dublin experience