Study Filmmaking or Screenwriting in the French Riviera this summer! Spend 3 weeks in Cannes, France, one of the most popular places to be in the south of France during the summer. Famous for the glamorous Cannes Film Festival, this is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the art of filmmaking or screenwriting and explore a possible career in the film industry!
Develop your craft in filmmaking as you study the fundamentals of audiovisual production through applied workshops and lectures by industry professionals. Students will work in teams to produce a short film as the final project of the course. Students will workshop techniques that approach screenwriting both creatively and critically with your voice, your words, your story.
Pre Departure Services
Orientation Materials and Resources
API Alumni Network
On Site Services
Medical and Life Insurance
Social and Cultural Activities
Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
Re-Entry Materials and Support
Alumni Network and API Ambassador Program
- Minimum 2.0 G.P.A.
- Completed API application
- Official transcript
- University Approval Form (U.S. applicants only)
- Open to undergraduates with one year of college, graduates, and adult learners
- Non-native English speakers must provide TOEFL scores of 79 or above or IELTS scores of 6.5 or above to show proof of English proficiency
- Entry requirements for US and EU passport holders: a valid passport
- Entry requirements for all other international students: consult the French Consulate in your home country
- Students who are currently enrolled at The New School will not be required to submit a letter of recommendation, official transcript or university contact information form.