API is excited to offer students a January term study abroad program in Cuba!
Beginning through advanced-level students may elect to take a Spanish language course at the appropriate level. This course may consist of 60 hours of intensive language study and 15 hours of cultural topics over a four-week period for a total of five semester credits. Alternatively, students may choose to solely emphasize language study and take a total of 60 hours of Spanish language only, for a total of 4 semester credits.
Coursework will be supplemented by numerous cultural activities and excursions.
Pre Departure Services
Orientation Materials and Resources
Access to International Phone Plans
API Alumni Network
On Site Services
Medical and Life Insurance
Social and Cultural Activities
Welcome and Farewell Group Meals
Housing (breakfast and dinner included)
Language and Culture Tools
Re-Entry Materials and Support
Alumni Network and API Ambassador Program
- 3.0 G.P.A.
- Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate student and under the age of 25
- Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Completed API application
- University Approval Form
- One letter of recommendation
- One official transcript
- Entry requirements: valid passport and entry visa