Complete a virtual internship with an international organization to differentiate your resume, earn essential skills that employers value, and grow your professional network with the API Virtual Global Internship program.
- Full-time internships will require a commitment of 32 hours a week.
- Part-time internship placements will require a commitment of 20 hours per week.
API’s virtual internship programming will support your internship success as you engage in activities designed to refine specific skills, orient you to the international workplace culture, guide you through virtual cultural webinars and local visits, and display your learning in a digital badge that you can add to your LinkedIn profile, e-portfolio, personal websites, digital resumes and more.
We place students in virtual, customized 8-week internships across the world including:
— Costa Rica
— New Zealand
Full and part-time placements are available in all locations!
- Tailored internship placement and advising
- Community-building activities and cultural resources in a digital learning workspace
- API Digital Badge: Global Workplace Communication
- Guided activities for professional skill-building
- Access to API alumni network & API Ambassador Program
- Career readiness materials and support, including how to reflect this experience on a resume and at job interviews
- Success in remote work resources
- Post-program evaluation
- Minimum 2.5 (3.0 for STEM) G.P.A.
- Cover Letter
- Two Letters of Reference
- Official Transcript(s)
- University Approval Form (if applicable)
- Advising session
- Required equipment: Laptop with reliable internet access