If you are looking to differentiate your resume, earn essential skills that employers value, and grow your professional network — all from the comfort of home! — then the API Virtual Global Internship program is for you!
API will coordinate a virtual internship placement with an international organization that meets your professional, academic and personal goals. Our programming will support your internship success as you engage in activities designed to refine specific skills, orient you to the international workplace culture, and guide you through virtual cultural webinars and visits. Capstone your experience by earning a digital badge that you can add to your LinkedIn profile, e-portfolio, personal websites, digital resumes and more!
We place gap students in virtual, customized 8-week internships with organizations located in Latin America and the South Pacific, including:
— Costa Rica
— New Zealand
Full and part-time placements are available in all locations!
- Full-time internships will require a commitment of 32 hours a week.
- Part-time internship placements will require a commitment of 20 hours per week.
- Internship placement
- Community-building activities and cultural resources in a digital learning workspace
- API Digital Badge: Global Workplace Communication or Global Workplace Communication Gold
- Career readiness materials and support, including how to reflect this experience on a resume and at job interviews
- Success in remote work resources
- Access to API alumni network & API Ambassador Program
- Post-program evaluation
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Cover Letter
- Official transcript
- Advising session
- Required equipment: Laptop with reliable internet access
- *Your API Program Manager will work with you to draft or refine your resumé or C.V. during your advising session