Now that you have been accepted by API, there are additional steps you will need to take to assure you meet the enrollment requirements of your home university and the host university abroad. Here is what they will need:
URGENT NEXT STEPS
Your Host and Home Universities need you to:
- Log into your APIConnect student account and complete all incomplete forms (Academic Information, Host University Requirements, Housing Accommodations, Payment Options, etc).
- Note: Your host university may have minimum requirements for your program related to GPA, language proficiency, age and/or academic level. If you do not meet these minimum requirements, we will advocate on your behalf, but they ultimately may not enroll you. In the event that you are not able to complete enrollment, we will work with you to find an alternative program that meets your needs. Alternatively, you can defer to a future program, or you can decide to withdraw and receive a full refund.
- Secure your University’s approval: Your home institution must still approve your participation in our program and still has the right to decline your enrollment. If you haven’t already secured your home university’s approval, please log into APIConnect and follow the direction for the University Approval section.
- Check your passport and make sure it is valid for a minimum of 6 months after the program end date. If you do not yet have a passport, please start the process as soon as possible. If you are not a-U.S. citizen, click here for more details about this process.
- Secure a visa (if it is required). You can find more information in your APIConnect account and your Program Manager will be in touch with next steps, if a visa is required for your program.
Once you have met the enrollment requirements of your host university, API will charge you or your home university a non-refundable $400 Confirmation Payment which will be due within 7 days of acceptance. If you do not complete the required forms in APIConnect by the deadline, your acceptance will be placed on hold until payment is received. In that case, neither you, nor your home university will be charged anything beyond the non-refundable $150 application deposit. The $150 application deposit is only refundable if you’re not accepted into an API program, or if API cancels your program prior to the program start date for any reason. It is NOT refundable if you don’t complete the application process, or, upon acceptance, decide not to follow through with your program.
Once your host university notifies us that you have completed enrollment, you will be asked to finalize some additional steps to prepare for your departure, including more details about travel planning. We ask that you hold off on making any flight arrangements until you’ve reviewed our travel instructions.